Accessing second port of FT2232H

Joachim Schambach
Hi,
I have been using libftd2xx to communicate with a FT2232H chip in one of my
devices. This chip has two FIFOs that can be addressed independently over the
same USB interface, and in the case of libftd2xx one uses the serial number
appended with either "A" or "B" to access these two  different interfaces.
I am now in the process of porting my software to  libftdi and was wondering how
one handles this in  this  API. When  I use the supplied "find_all" example, the
FT2232H chip appear only as one  device, not as two as was the case with
libftd2xx. So is the function "ftdi_usb_open_desc_index " the function to use to
accomplish this? If so, would the indexes be "0" and  "1"?
Sorry if this is a trivial question that was asked before, I am still kind of
new to libftdi...
thanks,
Jo

--
Dr Joachim Schambach                 tel: +1 512 471 1303
The University of Texas at Austin    fax: +1 512 471 9637

Re: Accessing second port of FT2232H

Uwe Bonnes

    Joachim> Hi, I have been using libftd2xx to communicate with a FT2232H
    JoachAim> chip in one of my devices. This chip has two FIFOs that can be
    Joachim> addressed independently over the same USB interface, and in the
    Joachim> case of libftd2xx one uses the serial number appended with
    Joachim> either "A" or "B" to access these two different interfaces.  I
    Joachim> am now in the process of porting my software to libftdi and was
    Joachim> wondering how one handles this in this API. When I use the
    Joachim> supplied "find_all" example, the FT2232H chip appear only as
    Joachim> one device, not as two as was the case with libftd2xx. So is
    Joachim> the function "ftdi_usb_open_desc_index " the function to use to
    Joachim> accomplish this? If so, would the indexes be "0" and "1"?
    Joachim> Sorry if this is a trivial question that was asked before, I am
    Joachim> still kind of new to libftdi...  thanks, Jo

A look in the header file will show:
/** Port interface for chips with multiple interfaces */
enum ftdi_interface
{
    INTERFACE_ANY = 0,
    INTERFACE_A   = 1,
    INTERFACE_B   = 2,
    INTERFACE_C   = 3,
    INTERFACE_D   = 4
};

Hope this helps.

Bye

--
Uwe Bonnes                [hidden email]

Re: Accessing second port of FT2232H

Joachim Schambach
Thanks for this info.
So what is the function that his enum is used in?

Jo

--
Dr Joachim Schambach                 tel: +1 512 471 1303
The University of Texas at Austin    fax: +1 512 471 9637
Department of Physics                email1: [hidden email]
1 University Station C1600     email2: [hidden email]
Austin, Texas 78712-0264, USA

Re: Accessing second port of FT2232H

Uwe Bonnes

    Joachim> Thanks for this info.  So what is the function that his enum is
    Joachim> used in?

ftdi_set_interface(ftdi_handle, (ftdi_interface)channel);

And please don't full quote and top poste as that spoils the archives...

Bye
--
Uwe Bonnes                [hidden email]