FT2232H Synchroneous FIFO mode: Some findings

FT2232H Synchroneous FIFO mode: Some findings

Uwe Bonnes
Okay,

now running libftdi-1.0 linked against libusb-1.0.

After fighting some other problems, the same thing happens. As soon as in
following expression

#define CHUNKEXP 14
  if (ftdi_read_data_set_chunksize(&ftdic, 1<<(CHUNKEXP)))

CHUNKEXP gets bigger then 14, blocks of data get skipped. Maybe something in
libusb or even the kernel...

Bye

--
Uwe Bonnes                [hidden email]

Re: FT2232H Synchroneous FIFO mode: Some findings

Jie Zhang-2
On Wed, Feb 3, 2010 at 6:30 AM, Uwe Bonnes
<[hidden email]> wrote:

> Okay,
>
> now running libftdi-1.0 linked against libusb-1.0.
>
> After fighting some other problems, the same thing happens. As soon as in
> following expression
>
> #define CHUNKEXP 14
>  if (ftdi_read_data_set_chunksize(&ftdic, 1<<(CHUNKEXP)))
>
> CHUNKEXP gets bigger then 14, blocks of data get skipped. Maybe something in
> libusb or even the kernel...

As I found, the read chunksize cannot be set larger than 16K. See

http://developer.intra2net.com/mailarchive/html/libftdi/2010/msg00075.html

Jie