Support for UMFT4222EV

Kelly, Devin - 0665 - MITLL
Hello,

I might be interested in adding support for this chip (depending on the scope of modification I’d have to make to libftdi).  Obviously, I would push my modifications back into libftdi (though I’d have to go through my employers review process, which takes time).

Can anyone give me an idea of how much work it would be to add this support?    I’ve tried making some basic changes like adding the product ID (0x601C) to libftdi but libusb_open() complains and won’t open the device even with a permissive udev rule.

Also, if anyone has added support for this device in an unpublished branch I’d like to talk to you.

If it helps here are some resources for the chip:

Thanks,
Devin

smime.p7s (7K) Download Attachment

Re: Support for UMFT4222EV

Thomas Jarosch
Hi Devin,

On Wednesday, 17. June 2015 14:28:04 Kelly, Devin - 0665 - MITLL wrote:

> I might be interested in adding support for this chip (depending on the
> scope of modification I’d have to make to libftdi).  Obviously, I would
> push my modifications back into libftdi (though I’d have to go through my
> employers review process, which takes time).
>
> Can anyone give me an idea of how much work it would be to add this
> support? I’ve tried making some basic changes like adding the product ID
> (0x601C) to libftdi but libusb_open() complains and won’t open the device
> even with a permissive udev rule.
>
> Also, if anyone has added support for this device in an unpublished branch
> I’d like to talk to you.
adding support for a new FTDI chip is mostly looking for the closest related
existing chip and apply all chip type based tweaks for it, too.

After that comes the verification. With testing I'd say
you should be done in a day or two.

Cheers,
Thomas