libftdi-1.0: libusb-winusb backend with cygwin

libftdi-1.0: libusb-winusb backend with cygwin

Scott Smyth
I am trying to compile the libusb-winusb backend with libftdi
and openocd to use with the Marvell sheevaplug on cygwin
for W7 ultimate x64.

1) libusb-winusb compiled correctly with a patch for ntdef.h
included in a couple files.

2) Using cmake on libftdi-1.0, I keep getting the same error
which is that there is not a target specified.  I see that the
possible generators are "mingw32 Makefiles and
"Unix Makefiles" so for cygwin, I use "Unix Makefiles".

Then, I fix the cmake cache file for the appropriate libusb-1.0
library and then the libusb include files.  However, when I
compile the build always stops saying I have not defined
a TARGET.  Should that not be defined by "Unix Makefiles"
which I specify in "cmake -G"?  I am mostly ignorant of
cmake but having read the docs I cannot find my mistake
for a cygwin compile.

thx,

Re: libftdi-1.0: libusb-winusb backend with cygwin

Jie Zhang-2
Hi,

On Mon, Mar 15, 2010 at 4:44 AM, Scott Smyth
<[hidden email]> wrote:

> I am trying to compile the libusb-winusb backend with libftdi
> and openocd to use with the Marvell sheevaplug on cygwin
> for W7 ultimate x64.
>
> 1) libusb-winusb compiled correctly with a patch for ntdef.h
> included in a couple files.
>
> 2) Using cmake on libftdi-1.0, I keep getting the same error
> which is that there is not a target specified.  I see that the
> possible generators are "mingw32 Makefiles and
> "Unix Makefiles" so for cygwin, I use "Unix Makefiles".
>
> Then, I fix the cmake cache file for the appropriate libusb-1.0
> library and then the libusb include files.  However, when I
> compile the build always stops saying I have not defined
> a TARGET.  Should that not be defined by "Unix Makefiles"
> which I specify in "cmake -G"?  I am mostly ignorant of
> cmake but having read the docs I cannot find my mistake
> for a cygwin compile.

I'm currently maintaining libftdi-1.0. However, I have little
knowledge of CMake. If you are willing to submit a patch to fix it, I
will appreciate and install it in the git tree. Thanks!

Jie

Re: libftdi-1.0: libusb-winusb backend with cygwin

Xiaofan Chen
<[hidden email]> wrote:
> I am trying to compile the libusb-winusb backend with libftdi
> and openocd to use with the Marvell sheevaplug on cygwin
> for W7 ultimate x64.
>
> 1) libusb-winusb compiled correctly with a patch for ntdef.h
> included in a couple files.

Should be fixed in r206.

> 2) Using cmake on libftdi-1.0, I keep getting the same error
> which is that there is not a target specified.  I see that the
> possible generators are "mingw32 Makefiles and
> "Unix Makefiles" so for cygwin, I use "Unix Makefiles".
>
> Then, I fix the cmake cache file for the appropriate libusb-1.0
> library and then the libusb include files.  However, when I
> compile the build always stops saying I have not defined
> a TARGET.  Should that not be defined by "Unix Makefiles"
> which I specify in "cmake -G"?  I am mostly ignorant of
> cmake but having read the docs I cannot find my mistake
> for a cygwin compile.

I also have problems with CMake, so Jie is pointing
me to another bootstrapped repo.
http://developer.intra2net.com/mailarchive/html/libftdi/2010/msg00098.html
http://blackfin.uclinux.org/gf/project/toolchain/scmsvn/?action=browse&path=%2Ftrunk%2Flibftdi-1.0%2F

But it would be nice that you can fix the CMake files.

--
Xiaofan http://mcuee.blogspot.com