write api questions

Scott Bailey
First, I'm ecstatic to see there is an OS alternative to FTDI's D2XX library.  We've just started using D2XX, but are entertaining the option of libFTDI.

I've noticed that the C API's write call is:
    int ftdi_write_data(struct ftdi_context *ftdi, const unsigned char *buf, int size);

and the C++ API's write call is:
     int write(unsigned char *buf, int size);

It immediately strikes me that the C++ API is not a const.  Where do I submit a bug report and/or patch?

Furthermore, if I look at the man page for write() on my linux box I see this:

    ssize_t write(int fd, const void *buf, size_t count);

A signed size type for the return, a const void* for data, and a size type for payload size.  Would it negatively impact users to change to this format?

Thanks,
SB

--
Scott Bailey